Iowa N.E.W. Leadership is an intensive institute designed to empower women and increase the participation of members of marginalized groups in the public sector. The Institute experience is built around a challenging curriculum that develops self-awareness, knowledge and skills in key areas, including strategic communication, policy analysis, philanthropy, negotiation, community development, professional sustainability, relationship-building, productive engagement with difference, conflict, and collaboration.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any student, especially those who identify as a woman, non-binary, or gender non-conforming
- Applicants must be enrolled at least half-time in ANY post-secondary academic institution in Iowa (regardless of state or nation of residence), or in another state (for Iowa residents)
- All fields of study in any academic discipline
- Students graduating in December 2022 and May 2023 are still eligible to apply
- Women from diverse backgrounds, identities, and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply
Iowa N.E.W. Leadership is committed to including students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ethnic and racial backgrounds in each Iowa N.E.W. Leadership program. We strongly encourage women of color, non-traditional college women, students who may be gender non-conforming, nonbinary, or transgender, and students majoring in the arts, humanities, sciences, pre-professional and professional programs, etc. fields outside political science to apply.